11 Essential Guidelines for Workers' Compensation Billing and Collection Services by
Meraki RCM Solutions, LLC : Your Experienced Partner
Navigating the intricate realm of workers' compensation billing and collection can often be a daunting task for healthcare providers. The labyrinthine terminology, specialized forms, and legal intricacies can create a sense of overwhelm, leaving many practices uncertain about the correct procedures for billing workers' compensation cases.
Here, we present eleven pivotal factors to consider when teaming up with Meraki RCM Solutions, LLC, your seasoned ally for workers' compensation billing and collections :
1. Intake Excellence : Embark on your journey with comprehensive intake procedures. Scrutinize the injured worker's medical history and injury details. Conduct a meticulous assessment to determine if the case warrants treatment. While the ethical responsibility of healthcare providers to care for injured workers is undeniable, the importance of financial sustainability cannot be overlooked. Balancing these aspects is critical for informed decision-making.
2. Case Verification : When providing treatment, Meraki RCM Solutions, LLC ensures rigorous verification of comprehensive insurance information. This includes confirming adjuster details, case status, and specifying the body parts being treated.
3. Correct Coding : Our experts uphold the highest standards of accuracy in coding, aligning with current CMS guidelines, which are subject to regular updates. Prior to bill submission to insurance companies, our team meticulously reviews coding to ensure precision.
4. Thorough Reporting : Comprehensive reporting is the cornerstone of effective communication. Meraki RCM Solutions, LLC delivers in-depth medical reports that encompass a detailed injury history, specifics on treated body parts, the proposed treatment plan, and recommendations for future care.
5. Request for Authorization (RFA) : We initiate the utilization review process mandated by Labor Code section 4610 with the Request for Authorization for Medical Treatment (DWC Form RFA). Supporting documentation, such as the Doctor's First Report of Occupational Injury or Illness (Form DLSR 5021) or equivalent narrative reports, are meticulously attached.
6. Timely Billing : Compliance with 'SB 1175' is a priority. Meraki RCM Solutions, LLC ensures that bills for payment are submitted within 72 hours 12 months of providing a service. It's important to note that this requirement does not apply to service dates preceding January 1, 2017.
7. Prompt Follow-Up : 'SB 1175' dictates that insurance companies must remit payment within 15 days of receiving a properly submitted electronic bill. Our team diligently follows up on payments, and any failure to pay or rejection of correctly submitted bills leads to penalties and interest.
8. Second Bill Review : Evolving laws often favor insurers. Meraki RCM Solutions, LLC ensures the payer has honored the correct payment amount upon receiving payment and an Explanation of Benefits (EOB). If the payment falls short, we initiate a Second Bill Review (SBR) within 90 days of submission, followed by the Independent Bill Review (IBR) if necessary.
9. Litigation as a Last Resort : While litigation is an option, it's considered a last resort. If all other efforts fail, Meraki RCM Solutions, LLC files a lien within 18 months from the last date of service to avoid violating the statute of limitations.
10. Aggressive Collection Efforts : At this stage, we escalate collection efforts as the payment is significantly overdue. Engaging with adjusters, supervisors, or defense attorneys becomes crucial. In some cases, moving to a lien conference or trial may be necessary.
11. Mastering the Official Medical Fee Schedule (OMFS) : Insurance companies often assert that they've adhered to the Official Medical Fee Schedule (OMFS). Meraki RCM Solutions, LLC prepares diligently with a thorough bill review to ensure that you collect what rightfully belongs to you.
Why Experience Matters :
Selecting the right billing company, one with decades of experience and profound knowledge of workers' compensation, is paramount. Workers' compensation is a highly specialized field laden with unique challenges and regulations. Inexperienced providers can inadvertently lead to costly errors and delays, jeopardizing both your revenue stream and patient care.
Meraki RCM Solutions, LLC with its wealth of experience, stands as your trusted partner in navigating the intricacies of workers' compensation billing and collection. Our seasoned professionals comprehend the subtleties of this field and can optimize your processes, ensuring that you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve promptly and efficiently.
In the intricate world of workers' compensation billing and collection, partnering with Meraki RCM Solutions, LLC signifies staying informed and adhering to these pivotal considerations, which substantially enhance your efficiency and success in this vital aspect of healthcare management. Choose experience; choose Meraki RCM Solutions, LLC .Tag : Medical / Billing / workers compensation / Workers' Compensation Billing and Collection Services